NGO Jobs in Kenya
Liverpool VCT, Care & Treatment (LVCT) is an established Kenyan NGO that utilizes research to inform policy reform advocacy and strengthen HIV service delivery.
We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs.
LVCT’s focus is on the scale-up of quality-assured HIV counseling, testing and care services.
We have vacancy for the following positions:
1. Head of Business Development
Job purpose and objectives:
The overall aim of this post is to grow LVCT’s Business Development Department, increase “brand awareness” and consumption of LVCT’s training and wellness programmes and successfully generate income.
The Head, Business Development will outline a vision and strategy for the department that is cognizant of its unique status as running donor funded and income generating programmes and integration within the broader LVCT strategy.
S/he will build the ethos and capacity required to implement this strategy; provide overall leadership, management, strategic guidance and oversight to the Department towards fulfilling LVCT’s mission.
S/he will actively identify new opportunities locally and internationally and successfully pursue these, develop strategic relationships and partnerships and maintain LVCT’s visibility with donors, education institutions, businesses and government agencies relevant to LVCT’s work.
S/he will be accountable for the quality, delivery, reporting and documentation of all the department’s proposals and contracts.
- Masters degree in a Business related field from a recognized university;
- 10 years of management experience in business development;
- Marketing experience;
- Creativity and innovation, Confidence, Leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Technical knowledge of business development;
- Good writing skills
2. Research Manager
Job purpose and objectives: The Research Manager will work in 3 core areas: Management, Research and National policy engagement.
S/he is responsible for developing and implementing an LVCT’s research strategy and agenda
S/he will provide overall leadership, management, strategic guidance and oversight to the research division and other LVCT programmes in conceptualizing, designing and undertaking quality operations research that contributes to fulfilling LVCT’s mission.
As part of LVCT’s institutional development strategy, s/he will build the division’s, and LVCT’s research capacity in the subject areas of focus, including health systems strengthening, MARPs and HIV, HIV testing and Counseling and, Sexual Violence.
S/he will identify research areas and funding opportunities, conceptualize, prepare and submit research proposals and support LVCT grant proposals for fundraising.
S/he will ensure qualitative and quantitative data management, analysis, production and communication of targeted, effective evidence accessible to a mixed audience of policy makers, practitioners, researchers and LVCT management.
S/he will provide mentorship and be responsible for ensuring peer reviewed publications.
The Manager will liaise with others at LVCT to facilitate translation of research evidence to policy and practice, build networks of research collection and sharing
S/he will represent LVCT in national policy engagements as required.
Minimum job requirements:
- PhD in relevant field from a recognized University with 7 years experience in research
- 2 years experience in management of research teams
- Proof of academic and policy publications in relevant field
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking
- Sound understanding of research methodologies
- Technical knowledge of data analysis and software
- Technical writing skills; Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Decision making skills
3. Technical Communications Officer
Job purpose and objectives: The overall aim of this post is to undertake the planning, development and implementation of LVCT’s communication strategy.
The TCO will support internal and external communications across LVCT and perform tasks that will ensure the effective smooth running and growth of LVCT documentation, communication and dissemination.
Minimum job requirements:
- Masters in journalism, public relations or related field from a recognized University;
- 4 years experience in communications or PR
- Journalism/media experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Editorial and design experience
- Database management of groups and contacts on excel
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS and health issues
- Self-organized, motivated and able to work with tight deadlines
Human Resource and Administration Division,
Qualified applicants are invited to send their cover letter and detailed CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to:
Liverpool VCT, Care and Treatment,
P.O Box 19835, 00202
Note: Only short listed applicant will be contacted.
LVCT is an equal opportunity employer