NGO Jobs in Kenya
MSF-CH is seeking candidates for the post of Nurse to support its humanitarian operations in Somalia
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need. At present, MSFCH operates in three project locations in Somalia: Belet Weyne, Dinsor and Afgoi.
Location: Nairobi with possibility of field visit to the projects.
Start date: March 2011
Type of contract: 12 months fixed term contract
Scope of responsibilities:
The role of the Nurse is to ensure nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients in accordance with doctors’ prescriptions, MSF protocols and context for the MSF CH mission managed from Nairobi:
- Ensure efficient management of the stock and proper follow-up of movements of drugs and material.
- Ensure cold chain functioning, maintenance and ensure storage conditions according to national regulations.
- Ensure regular physical inventories are carried out in accordance with the mission’s procedures.
- Ensure adequacy between orders and freight and quantify the damaged drugs and material
- Ensure an efficient supply of other pharmacies.
- Participate actively in the monitoring and the reporting of medical activities.
- Participate and /or facilitate training at Nairobi or field level- give support to the training team at field level
- Carry out when necessary a therapeutic education of the patient (and family) using a patient based approach.
- Nurse degree/diploma recognised by National Authorities.
- Member of the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Demonstrated skills in records management.
- 2 years experience in a well known hospital.
- Able to train / coach staff
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, Word, E-mail and Internet
- Knowledge in pharmacy management is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Somali language is an added advantage.
- Organized, methodical and accurate
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good team player.
- Motivated with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new working methods.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
All applicants should send a detailed CV (2 referent persons), copy of diploma and letter of motivation to:
Human Recourse Manager
MSF Switzerland Somalia Missions
P. O. Box 25091 -00603,
Application deadline: 25th of February 2011. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.